PEOPLE, ASSOCIATES AND MEMBERS
Under the stewardship of the Director, Dr. Joan Bottorff, the Institute welcomes members from both the community and academia. Membership is free.
Benefits of Being an Associate Member
The benefits of being an Associate of the Institute include:
- Contributing to the development of a world class research institute
- Opportunities to network with others interested in research related to promoting healthy living and chronic disease prevention and to share your expertise (e.g., through research interest groups and IHLCDP-sponsored events)
- Opportunities to be involved in interdisciplinary research as a principal investigator, co-investigator or community collaborator
- Support for developing partnerships with government, non-governmental organizations, community groups, private foundations and business.
- Being part of a network of researchers with strong links to the local, national and international research community, policy makers, and service providers
- Assistance with research team development and grant applications
- Attending presentations, research seminars, and workshops on topics related to healthy living and chronic disease prevention.
- Showcasing your research in local, national and international research events initiated by the IHLCDP and having your Institute-relevant research activities profiled on the IHLCDP website
- Invitations to all IHLCDP sponsored events (e.g., workshops, seminars, lectures)
- Access to the latest research findings of studies completed by investigative teams associated with the IIHLCDP
- The opportunity to have your trainees (e.g., undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral students) be associated with the IHLCDP and benefit from Institute-sponsored opportunities
- Receiving e-newsletters that will keep you abreast of the IHLCDP’s activities and related local, national and international research activities
- Being included in our Associate list on the IHLCDP website.
(L-R) Presenters and organizers of Game On! Healthy Lifestyles for Men: Noel Richardson, Gayl Sarbit, Sharon Hammond, Carolyn Gotay, John Oliffe, Ann Dauphinee, Joan Bottorff, Lisa Wenger, Mitch Duncan and Svea Brousseau.
Above: The Institute’s Jacquetta Benard, left, and Joan Bottorff. The banner next to them pictures associate member Dr. Jennifer Jakobi, associate professor in UBC’s Faculty of Health and Social Development.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate of IHLCDP, please complete the online membership registration form.