Students play an active role in the work of the Institute. There are opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students to be research trainees. Visit our site on a regular basis to keep abreast of upcoming student opportunities such as research assistant positions, summer research internships and postdoctoral fellowships.
Benefits of being a student include the following opportunities:
- attend Institute-sponsored events to learn more about the latest health research and developments in research methods.
- be involved in collaborative, interdisciplinary research projects as a research assistant or by conducting a student research project that is linked with ongoing research programs in healthy living and chronic disease prevention.
- network with community groups, health service agencies, government, and non-governmental organizations interested in health research.
- work with and be mentored by faculty with a particular interest in healthy living and chronic disease prevention.
- showcase your research in local, national and international research events associated with the Institute.