- Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, UBC Okanagan
- Co-chair, Physical and Health Education (PHE) Canada’s Research Forum
- Member, PHE Canada’s Research Executive Council
- Member, Community of Scholar Practitioners, Faculty of Education
- Children’s physical activity
- Health education and physical education
- Action research
- Playground in early childhood environments and their relation to young children’s physical activity levels
Community Health: Building a framework for community-engaged community health research and knowledge translation
Co-Leads: Kathleen Martin Ginis, Mary Jung
Co-Is: Susan Holtzman, Jonathan Little, Nelly Oelke, Charlotte Jones, Lesley Lutes, Donna Kurtz, Stephen Berg, Kathy Rush, Ross Hickey
Funding: 2017 UBC Okanagan Eminence Fund
Caperchione, C. M., Hargreaves, N., Sabiston, C. M., Berg, S., Kowalski, K. C., & Ferguson, L. J. (2020). Exploring the Effectiveness of an Integrated Physical Activity and Psychosocial Program Targeting At-Risk Adolescent Girls: Protocol for the Girls United and on the Move (GUM) Intervention Study. JMIR Research Protocols, 9(6), e15302.
Robinson, D. B., Berg, S., & Gleddie, D. (2018). A scoping review of school-based physical activity and health eating/nutrition interventions. Revue phenEPS/PHEnex Journal, 9(2), 1-28.
Sulz, L.D., Berg, S., & Gleddie, D. (2018). Healthy literacy & comprehensive school health. In Gleddie, D., Hickson, C, & Bradford B. (Eds.). Physical education for elementary school teachers: Foundations of a physical literacy journal (pp. 165-178). Victoria: Ripon Publishing.
Berg, S., & Bradford, B. (2017) Daily physical activity (DPA) implementation: From policy to practice. Physical and Health Education Journal, 83(2), 5-12.
Berg, S., Hickson, C., Bradford, B., & Fishburne, G.J. (2017). Teaching for health and wellness in children and youth. Edmonton, AB: Ripon Publishing.