Benefits of Membership
The benefits of being an Associate of the Institute include:
- Contributing to the development of a world class research institute
- Opportunities to network with others interested in research related to promoting healthy living and chronic disease prevention and to share your expertise (e.g., through research interest groups and IHLCDP-sponsored events)
- Opportunities to be involved in interdisciplinary research as a principal investigator, co-investigator or community collaborator
- Support for developing partnerships with government, non-governmental organizations, community groups, private foundations and business.
- Being part of a network of researchers with strong links to the local, national and international research community, policy makers, and service providers
- Assistance with research team development and grant applications
- Attending presentations, research seminars, and workshops on topics related to healthy living and chronic disease prevention.
- Showcasing your research in local, national and international research events initiated by the IHLCDP and having your Institute-relevant research activities profiled on the IHLCDP website
- Invitations to all IHLCDP sponsored events (e.g., workshops, seminars, lectures)
- Access to the latest research findings of studies completed by investigative teams associated with the IIHLCDP
- The opportunity to have your trainees (e.g., undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral students) be associated with the IHLCDP and benefit from Institute-sponsored opportunities
- Receiving e-newsletters that will keep you abreast of the IHLCDP's activities and related local, national and international research activities
- Being included in our Associate list on the IHLCDP website.
Last reviewed 7/23/2013 5:39:24 PM